Canberra Raiders News

  • Inside Ethan Sanders' form breakout, and why the Raiders leap of faith was worth it

    “It’s nearly like Ricky Stuart and Laurie Daley”: Slater’s glowing praise of Raiders rookie halves duo

    Canberra Raiders promoted 22-year-old Ethan Sanders to starting halfback for 2026 after Jamal Fogarty's departure, despite his limited experience.

    Zero Tackle

    When Jamal Fogarty walked out the door at Canberra for a long-term move to Manly ahead of the 2026 season, the Raiders didn't go looking for a marquee halfback.

    There was no big-name recruit, no interstate raid, no experienced journeyman brought to steady the ship.

    Instead, Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart handed the keys to the club's most important jersey to a 22-year-old with just four NRL games to his name.

    Ethan Sanders had come through the Parramatta Eels pathway system before crossing to Canberra, spent the entire 2025 season as the understudy to Jamal Fogarty in reserve grade and was suddenly the Raiders' starting halfback come 2026, paired with the NRL's reigning Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year, Ethan Strange.

    See more...

  • "He'll always be my best mate": Raiders teammate braces for big loss

    Stuart says Raiders were “dumb” in loss to Dragons

    Xavier Savage supports Sebastian Kris's potential move to the Warriors, despite the impact on the Raiders if he leaves.

    Zero Tackle

    Canberra flyer Xavier Savage says he'll stand fully behind his "best mate" Sebastian Kris if the outside back decides to chase a fresh start across the Tasman, even though losing him would sting.

    Fresh reports suggest Kris has his sights set on a move to the New Zealand Warriors, with the possibility he could walk away from his deal with the Raiders once this season wraps up if terms are finalised.

    Kris is due to be off-contract at the end of the 2027 NRL season and would be free to negotiate with rival clubs from November 1.

    The 27-year-old Raiders centre has played 124 games for the Raiders, scoring his 50th try in the NRL in round 13 against the North Queensland Cowboys.

    See more...

  • Knights get unwanted news before key Raiders clash

    Newcastle star Bradman Best has been ruled out of the vital clash with the Raiders in Canberra. Photo: Darren Pateman/AAP PHOTOS

    Newcastle's Bradman Best is out with a calf injury, impacting their playoff hopes ahead of a crucial match against Canberra. Fletcher Hunt will replace him.

    The Canberra Times

    Newcastle's hopes of cementing their spot inside the NRL's top eight have been dealt a huge blow with star centre Bradman Best ruled out with a calf injury.

    The Knights have had to count the cost of a rousing 30-6 victory over Brisbane last round, as Best emerged from the clash with a low-grade calf strain.

    The NSW State of Origin representative's injury will be unwelcome for Newcastle (12-8), who sit just two points clear of ninth place and are looking to win prop Tyson Frizell's 300th match on Sunday at GIO Stadium.

    Best's niggle is the latest setback in a stop-start campaign as he's also battled through groin and calf injuries earlier in the season.

    See more...

We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia


We love the mighty Canberra Raiders
Raidercast est. 2009 as Raiders.net.au
Terms & Conditions of Use